Chief Executive Officer – the Supply Chain Sustainability School of Australia
The Supply Chain Sustainability School of Australia, a growing for-purpose organisation, represents a collaborative approach to developing environmental, social and economic sustainability competencies through the supply chain.
Based on the successful model of the UK Supply Chain Sustainability School, the Australian School was established in 2015. The purpose of the School is to increase education and awareness on sustainability across the property, construction and infrastructure supply chains. The School provides free online learning, as well as face-to-face training and information sessions for contractors, suppliers and service providers.
Funded and supported by leading construction and infrastructure companies, our client has forged partnerships with organisations such as the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia, Green Building Council of Australia, Property Council of Australia, Social Traders and Supply Nation. They have an ongoing commitment to lead the construction industry towards a more sustainable future.
To find out more take a look at the website http://www.supplychainschool.org.au/
The School has gone through a period of sustained growth and they are seeking a CEO to continue improving the governance of the organisation and position them for the next phase of financial and strategic growth. There are three focus areas for the role; namely:
- Internal – finance, governance, strategy and structure
- External – presentations, branding, marketing and partner engagement
- Content – development of the online learning platform with new material and learning modules
The CEO’s responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Advisory Board to executing the current workplan and establishing priority areas for the next financial year
- Leading a small diverse team
- Engaging with the Advisory Board, Audit Committee, Education Committee and Marketing Committee
- Building relationships with key partners, members and stakeholders
- Attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and providing feedback and information on trends
The successful applicant will be able to exercise judgment and prioritise their accountabilities in this fast-paced environment. You will thrive in an environment that is constantly changing and evolving to increase the impact of supply chains globally.
Ideally you are:
- Intellectual and driven, with the ability to work autonomously
- Able to quickly establish credibility and build relationships with senior decision makers in the construction industry
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal and able to converse with a wide group of stakeholders
- Capable of leveraging the expertise contained within the Advisory Board supporting the School
- Passionate about sustainability
- Strong knowledge of the construction or infrastructure sectors and/ or supply chain
- Experience leading an organisation through a maturation and change process
This is an amazing opportunity to be leading on one of the growth areas globally over the next few years. There is an awakening in terms of the impact, both positive and negative, that stems from an organisation’s supply chain. This role will have you working at the leading edge of supply chain change and with $100B of proposed sustainability infrastructure projects in Australia, the opportunity to generate massive social and economic outcome is at hand.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 0431 414 883 or apply by sending a cover letter & CV using the forms below.