B Lab is a non-profit organisation that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Their vision is that one day all businesses will compete not only to be best in the world, but best for the world, leading our society to a shared and durable prosperity.
B Lab is part of the global movement to redefine success in business, a hub for the new economy in our region and contributing to the international conversation of mission led business.
Globally, B Lab is building this movement through interrelated initiatives that serve, engage, and highlight the leaders of the movement, while providing all businesses with the concrete tools, products, programs, and partnerships to use business as a force for good.
This is an exciting time for the B Corp movement, as it is gaining traction around the globe. Standards Assessors work directly with companies to support them in the process of becoming a Certified B Corporation by verifying their performance in the B Impact Assessment.
This role reports to a manager of the Standards Review team in Amsterdam or Pennsylvania, and works closely with others on the Standards Analysts, Standards Development, and Product Development teams internally. While the Standards Assessor will be co-located with the B Lab Australia & New Zealand team, their work is directed by B Lab Global, which is based in the US.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting small, medium, and large companies from Australia, New Zealand, and beyond, in completing the certification or rating process.
- Reviewing companies’ B Impact Assessment (data about the company’s social and environmental performance).
- Managing companies in the process of validating their assessment responses by phone, supporting documentation, and Site Review processes.
- Guiding companies through the B Corp Legal Framework and legal requirements for certification.
- Providing basic technical support to companies using the assessment platform.
- Providing continual feedback to the team that manages the Standards to support the improvement of the Standards and the ratings process.
- Providing concrete suggestions for companies to improve their score, when applicable.
Advancing social and environmental objectives is a passion of yours and you can help create improvement plans for organisations looking to be more socially responsible and impactful. You are excited at the opportunity to help businesses, investors and institutions Measure What Matters, by using the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics to manage their impact — and the impact of the businesses with whom they work, with as much rigor as their profits.
Ideally, you will have:
- 3+ years’ experience in business, preferably in a role with external-facing responsibility.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin.
- Successful track record of working independently, and ideally, also as part of a virtual team.
- Willingness to travel 3-5 times a year, including domestic and international travel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to B Lab’s vision to redefine success in business.
- High energy, self-managing, entrepreneurial personality capable of working in a start-up environment.
- Relentless problem-solving attitude.
Please note B Lab will make a substantial investment in training and developing the Standards Assessor. This will involve an initial 3-4 week training in Amsterdam or the US.
- Paid Time Off for Community Service
- Educational and Professional Development Reimbursements
- Flexible Work Options
- Staff retreats and events
- Online hub that allows for both work and personal collaboration and connections
- Discounted B Corp offerings to employees of B Lab
- A great feeling from working on products that have a huge impact
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or apply below.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com