Our client is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology, cultural heritage management, environmental approvals and biodiversity offsetting. Their focus is on delivering value to clients’ operations by maximising commercial outcomes for projects, while benefiting communities through creating the best possible solutions for environment and heritage. As an independently owned and operated consultancy, our client’s approach is underpinned by experience and always governed by the core values of Care, Excellence, Integrity and Trust.
Due to continued growth, our client is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Ecologist to join the team and hit the ground running with minimal guidance from the team. The successful candidate will preferably have biobanking experience and will be able to assist with mentoring of junior to med-level ecologists.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Effective and timely liaison with clients, regulators and sub-contractors
- Manage consulting projects and clients with a high level of professionalism and technical expertise
- Managing legislative issues for clients and maintaining an awareness of how legislation impacts projects
- Effective management of project budget within the boundaries of each individual project
- Contribute to the growth of the business through seeking out and developing client relationships
- Foster interactions with industry, government, community groups and technical experts
- Participate in ecological field assessment and survey
Advancing social and environmental objectives is a passion of yours and you can help create improvement plans for organisations looking to be more socially responsible and impactful. You are excited at the opportunity to help businesses, investors and institutions Measure What Matters, by using the B Impact Assessment and B Analytics to manage their impact — and the impact of the businesses with whom they work, with as much rigor as their profits.
Ideally you will have a thorough knowledge of the identification, ecology, and habitat requirements of flora and fauna of NSW (especially rare species) and some knowledge of the geography and eco-regions of NSW.
You will posses:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; in ecology, biology, environmental science, or environmental management
- Minimum 7 years’ experience post degree
- Demonstrated experience with GIS technology and ability to read maps
- Previous project management experience in a similar role
- Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) accredited preferred
This is an opportunity for an up and coming Ecologist looking to further their career within a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting staff. They have an excellent culture and trust their staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Their diverse and cross discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia. They will also provide:
- Progression in a growing organisation with ongoing professional development to enhance your skills
- An attractive salary package and annual company retreat; and
- Flexible working options
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below.