- Work with industry, government, regulators, & civil society in a pivotal role
- Full time or PT 24-month contract with the strong possibility of extension
- Competitive salary of up to $150,000 package
Our client, the Australian Sustainable Finance Institute (ASFI) is a leading Australian not-for-profit organisation that is working to realign the Australian financial system to be resilient, sustainable and inclusive. ASFI works with its members – large Australian financial institutions across banking, investment, insurance and financial services – as well as government and other partners to influence policy outcomes and lead high impact initiatives to direct more capital for positive climate, environmental and social outcomes.
The Policy Manager will lead the implementation of ASFI’s policy and government engagement workstream which works with the Australian Government at the political and Departmental levels, and with MPs and Senators to:
- Influence financial sector policy and regulation to better integrate sustainability considerations, accelerating the transformation of the financial system and enabling ASFI members to meet their climate, sustainability, and social impact commitments.
- Influence climate, environment and social policy, regulation, programs, and commonwealth investment vehicles so that they enable and support more private capital to flow to these outcomes.
- Generate strong support (and funding) for ASFI’s priority projects and the role that the finance sector plays in building a sustainable, resilient, and inclusive Australia.
- Encourage Australian leadership on sustainable finance internationally, particularly in areas such as transition finance to ensure international inter-operability of regulatory systems, and that the Australian financial sector remains internationally competitive.
The position will also be responsible for delivering key ASFI projects such as the annual progress tracker.
Other key responsibilities:
- Implementation of ASFI’s government engagement strategy, working with ASFI members and other partners in the sustainable finance ecosystem to get strong government (Ministerial and Departmental) support for ASFI’s agenda and implementation of the Roadmap, with oversight and support from the Program Lead and CEO.
- Identifying and capitalising on opportunities to work more closely with government to accelerate implementation of the Roadmap, utilising ASFI members experience and expertise including through the design and execution of high quality mulit-stakeholder events such as roundtables, webinars, and panel events.
- Leading ASFI’s engagement on sustainable finance policy and regulation, in line with the Roadmap priorities. Communicating this knowledge with ASFI members, enabling them to navigate the complex policy and regulatory landscape and ultimately enabling them to meet and scale up their climate and sustainability commitments.
- Delivering the annual progress tracker report, from project inception to public launch.
- Independently preparing the structure and content of funding submissions and/or governance reports (i.e. status updates, Advisory Committee or Board papers) from draft to final stage, requiring minimal editing by the CEO and other stakeholders.
This role is suited to an experienced professional who is well organised and experienced at policy development and stakeholder engagement, particularly with government stakeholders, with a track record of delivering results in this area.
You are adept at working in a small team environment where people's opinions are valued and listened to. You thrive on open communication and are energised by a dynamic and fast paced complex work environment.
Required Skills and Proficiencies
With a relevant tertiary qualification, preferably in finance, public policy, law, environment, or a related discipline, you will possess a minimum of seven years' experience in sustainable finance and/or public policy, ideally with a focus on climate or environmental matters.
- Expertise in policy development, advocacy, and engagement.
- Experience in designing and managing high quality multi-stakeholder events and engagement such as meetings, roundtables, and panel events.
- Experience in leading complex projects characterised by changing dynamics and myriad of relationships.
- Knowledge of sustainable finance and investment industry and/or climate change and sustainability issues.
- Strong organisational, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience collaborating internationally, across multiple time zones, markets, and cultures.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including proven experience in coordinating multiple stakeholders within varying spheres of influence.
Not only will you be aligning capital with environmental and social goals, but you will be part of a foundation that is built on having complete flexibility around location, hours, and how you choose to work.
You will also have:
- A professional development allowance of $5k per year
- Additional annual leave over Christmas and New Year
- Complete flexibility on office location, based in Canberra, Melbourne, or Sydney
- Access to volunteering leave
- 4 weeks of annual leave per year, increasing annually based on length of service
By submitting your current CV (in Word format) via our online application process.
For a confidential discussion or to review the information pack and full PD please contact Lauren Monaghan via [email protected]
To be eligible to apply, you must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
Talent Nation encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex, and genders.