Australasian Centre for Corporate Responsibility (ACCR) is a philanthropically funded research and shareholder advocacy organisation that monitors the environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices and performance of listed companies. They undertake research and highlight emerging areas of business risk through private and public engagement, including the filing of shareholder resolutions. They are a member of both the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI) and the Responsible Investment Association of Australasia (RIAA). ACCR has grown rapidly over the past two years and is expected to maintain this accelerated growth.
Reporting to the Director of Climate and Environment, and the Executive Director, this newly created role will leverage corporate and financial analytical skills to produce high quality, detailed reports which will inform company engagements and strategy. The role will help ACCR and coalition partners persuade major shareholders in target companies, responsible for systemically significant greenhouse gas emissions globally, to support assertive decarbonisation strategies.
Key accountabilities include:
- Cover 10-15 stocks globally, with up-to-date analysis and data
- Undertake rapid analysis to inform ACCR’s response to developments in company financial and sustainability reporting, and significant investments, capital expenditure, mergers, acquisitions or divestments
- Commission research to support company engagements and strategy
- Support shareholder resolution programs including investor and proxy advisor engagements and feed into briefing materials
- Horizon scan for relevant information through media articles, annual reports, investor presentations, industry reports, etc
You are a seasoned analyst with experience in company and investment research, with a desire to make a difference in the global fight to reduce greenhouse gas emissions worldwide. You are known for your outstanding skills as a corporate analyst, obtained through extensive experience as an equities analyst in a financial services or investment institution, with coverage of emissions-intensive industries. You will have an investigative mind and an ability to understand and identify the opportunities where ACCR can influence companies and their shareholders.
In addition to this you will possess:
- 7+ years relevant professional experience in corporate/financial analysis
- Degree in business, finance, accounting or similar area (further study a plus)
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: mining, utilities, oil and gas, or financial services with a focus on decarbonisation
- Experience in company engagement
- Commitment to addressing climate change
This new position will present the successful individual with an opportunity to shape what the role looks like and determine the research and analysis required to support the 2021 strategy. The role has the ability to become the “go to analyst” on target companies globally, including media appearances if desired. In addition to learning from, and being supported by, some of the country’s leading experts in their field, a flexible work location (including internationally) is offered for an exceptional candidate.
For a confidential discussion contact Nathan Kelly on +61 3 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below. Applications for this role close 5pm Friday 23rd October (AEDT – UTC+11:00).
Talent Nation strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org