RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. They are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Their purpose is, with the community, to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values – clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, expertise and collaboration – set clear expectations for all staff and volunteers as they work together, and with the community.
Reporting to the CEO, The Head of Prevention will lead RSPCA Victoria’s strategy, capacity building and operational approaches to bring about policy and practice change; at both industry and community levels in the prevention of cruelty to animals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Management Team on brand, media, communications and educational/ preventative initiatives across the whole of the organisation, including volunteers.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership in the development and implementation of RSPCA Victoria’s Vision, Purpose and Strategy.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Prevention business plan to deliver the required performance outcomes in accordance with broader organisational goals, and within budget.
- Manage, lead and develop the Prevention team (including Corporate Communications, Policy and Prevention) of staff and volunteers to the highest levels of performance, engagement and job satisfaction.
- Work with the CEO to develop partnerships with stakeholders that capitalise on synergies and collaborate to effectively raise public profile, achieve campaign objectives and deliver prevention strategy objectives.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will have experience contributing to the development and implementation of organisational policy, strategic intent and operational plans. You will be able to demonstrate leadership and leverage evidence-based arguments within a highly emotive environment. Ideally you will:
- Sense and analyse situations and formulate strategies that create sustainable value for the organization.
- Present key points of an argument persuasively, gain agreement to proposals, and represent the interests of RSPCA Victoria.
- Understand the political environment of Victoria and Australia that impacts upon effective delivery of animal welfare services and programs in Victoria.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present, influence and negotiate at a range of levels.
This role requires a flexible and solution-focused approach with the ability to balance competing demands to lead the implementation of key programs. This is a role that can change the world with regard to animal welfare as it provides an opportunity to influence policy, create advocacy programs and education services to create social and behaviour change across Victoria.
If you have the capability and drive to take on this transformative role then we encourage you to contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org