Josh Gill (He/Him)
- Permanent fulltime role
- Sydney based
- Be part of an expanding organisation
Purpose Bureau maintains Australia’s largest ESG data bureau, tracking 1000+ activity and ESG insights on every business in Australia. Combining unmatched data assets with subject-matter expertise, they provide solutions to corporates to analyse and track customers and suppliers for Scope 3 reporting and management, Modern Slavery, First Nations and other ESG applications.
Headquartered in Sydney, Purpose Bureau is committed to becoming the ESG data source of truth for corporates and building the largest ESG data and technology asset in Australia.
The ESG Data Analyst helps Purpose Bureau maintain a competitive edge as an ESG data solutions provider by ensuring that their database and solutions delivered to their clients are accurate and reflect the latest ESG data and trends. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a cutting-edge data asset and provide inputs into how the data, internal processes and solutions can be enhanced.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Analyse client data and provide guidance to the Data team on any data management and transformations required to deliver ESG insights to Purpose Bureau’s clients.
- Perform internal assurance on datasets that are included in the Purpose Bureau database, as well as ESG reports and dashboards generated for the client.
- Interpret standards and frameworks (such as the GHG Protocol and the Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials) and provide guidance to the Data team to make any required enhancements.
- Ensure Purpose Bureau’s database and documentation are up to date, including methodologies and basis of preparation.
- Review current systems and processes to provide process improvement ideas that enhance Purpose Bureau’s ability to automate the generation of ESG insights.
- Understand and monitor emerging reporting requirements and the sector-specific implications including but not limited to carbon reporting, modern slavery, First Nations, and biodiversity.
- Support the Head of ESG Data Solutions to work with the Data and Product teams to develop automated or bespoke reporting and dashboard solutions for corporate clients.
- Provide technical support to clients during their audit process.
You are familiar with ESG topics and enjoy working with ESG data. You are comfortable spending time working through different climate change or modern slavery datasets, tables, charts and graphs to make sure they are accurate. While your primary skillset is managing ESG data, you do not mind shifting gears from time to time to help with other priorities.
From a cultural alignment perspective, you are innovative, entrepreneurial and enjoy operating in an environment where you are required to roll up your sleeves and help the broader team.
Additionally, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in data science, environmental science/engineering, sustainable business, or other quantitative qualifications.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an ESG-related role. Experience with data management, audit, accounting or reporting will be viewed favourably.
- Understanding of emerging sustainability trends and reporting requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a high-performing team.
- High attention to detail, with the ability to work independently and prioritise workload based on deadlines and priorities.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge on Excel macros will be helpful but not required.
How to Apply
Apply now by submitting your current CV (in Word format) via our online application process.
For a confidential discussion or to review the information pack, please contact Josh Gill at [email protected]. To be eligible to apply, you must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
Talent Nation encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex, and genders.