Experts agree that improving access to quality education for girls is one of the most powerful yet underused strategies to tackle climate change – a fact that has underpinned Talent Nation’s support of not-for-profit organisation One Girl since the beginning of our partnership in 2018.
To kick off our Conversations with People Accelerating Impact podcast series, we spoke with One Girl CEO Dr Chrisanta Muli. Chrisanta is an impact-driven “pracademic” (practitioner and academic), gender justice specialist and research and evaluation expert, with over 15 years’ experience leading and facilitating complex participatory action research across diverse global cultural contexts in Australia, Asia, Africa, the UK and the Pacific. After being successfully headhunted by Talent Nation for the critical CEO role at One Girl, she found her “tribe” and has never looked back!
During her conversation with Kate Faulkner, our Senior Recruitment Consultant, Chrisanta talked about the incredible work that the team and One Girl accomplishes, her advice for other leaders and the full-circle journey that led her to where she is today.
The key topics covered in the discussion include:
- How the partnership between Talent Nation and One Girl first originated – 1:25
- One Girl’s core mission and how they are helping to empower young women and girls through education – 2:23
- Chrisanta’s journey to date and the passion that drives her – 5:14
- The person that has inspired her most in her life – 9:10
- How she works to accelerate impact as a leader, and motivate others to join her on the journey – 10:34
- How she balances the urgency for change with the realities of the day to day – 13:23
- Her advice to those looking to step into a CEO or leadership position within a not-for-profit – 15:18
- How to get involved with One Girl – 16:20
Listen to the full episode below, and don’t forget to visit One Girl’s website to learn more about their work and follow @OneGirlOrg on social media to join the tribe!
To find out about how we are helping One Girl mitigate climate change by making a difference to girls around the world, click here, and feel free to get in touch with us if you have any further questions.
Conversations with People Accelerating Impact is our podcast series featuring changemakers from across the Environment and Sustainability space. In each episode, we speak to an inspiring individual or leader to learn more about what they are doing to drive impact in their sphere and create a better future for us all.