Team Leader – Historic Heritage
Our client is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology, cultural heritage management, environmental approvals and biodiversity offsetting. Their focus is on delivering value to clients’ operations by maximising commercial outcomes for projects, while benefiting communities through creating the best possible solutions for environment and heritage. As an independently owned and operated consultancy, our client’s approach is underpinned by experience and always governed by the core values of Care, Excellence, Integrity and Trust.
Our client is looking to invigorate and grow its historical heritage team with a Team Leader. The position comes with a high level of trust and autonomy; this is the chance to join a team where you will receive support to create a position that is what you make it.
The Team Leader’s commitment will be rewarded professionally and financially in this role, including the potential to become a shareholder in the company. This position is being offered on a permanent, full-time basis.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Archaeological heritage research and advice in response to client needs in the disciplines of historical heritage.
- Operational leadership and management of the discipline team to meet productivity targets.
- Managing key projects.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships, including expanding business opportunities in the region.
- Remaining current with heritage legislation and regulatory updates.
- Leading a cohesive, motivated and content team.
You are an experienced Team Leader/ Manager who is seeking the opportunity to help further your technical skills and build a team under your guidance. You are able to provide professional development opportunities by being involved at a leadership level in a rapidly growing, multi-disciplinary team on the east coast of Australia.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- 7+ years consulting experience as a technical expert.
- Minimum 5 years managing a diverse project portfolio.
- Team leadership experience.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with relevant NSW heritage legislation.
- Good problem solving, analytical, conceptual skills.
- Good communication skills, including technical report writing.
- Competence with technology, including experience with using GPS, tablets, laptop, digital cameras, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Team Leader looking to further their career within a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting staff. They have an excellent culture and trust their staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Their diverse and cross discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia. They will also provide:
- Progression in a growing organisation with ongoing professional development to enhance your skills.
- An attractive salary package and annual company retreat; and
- Flexible working options.
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below.