Sustainability Manager, Construction
Our client is a leading, diversified Australian property group, with an integrated development and asset management capability. They have 45 years of experience in the property industry and an unmatched reputation for delivering superior products and services across their businesses. Having recently released their latest sustainability strategy, they are looking at what matters most to them and their stakeholders.
In this role you will report to the General Manager, Finance with accountability to the General Manager, Construction. The Sustainability Manager, Construction role is critical in meeting targets with a focus on reducing waste generated and associated costs, increasing recycling, and collaborating within the value chain to ensure strategic targets are met.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Source, collate and analyse waste, recycling & financial data and track performance against targets; benchmarking internally and externally
- Implement resource recovery and waste projects
- Research and trial new technologies, processes, and external funding sources
- Collaborate with Procurement, Construction, and Group to deliver on Construction social procurement & modern slavery targets
- Partner to co-create solutions which drive business value in response to relevant issues
You will bring to the role 5-10 years proven experience in the construction, property or sustainability sector, with technical expertise in waste and resource recovery. Ideally you will possess:
- Disciplined measurement, reporting, and communications skills
- Proactive engagement to listen actively and deliver on needs in a way that is valued by the receiver
- Commercial acumen to guide colleagues towards focused, valued activity
- Project and priority management
- Collaborative and collegiate approach to achieving shared outcome
Our client is dedicated to being a force for good in the community, with a reputation for pushing the boundaries in sustainability. There is a strong drive from the business to meet the external target of zero waste to landfill by 2030 and the business is united behind this objective. As a motivated waste expert, you will find yourself in your dream role; and join highly capable and engaged team who are focused on making a genuine impact.
Led by an authentic and highly engaged CEO, our client truly lives its values and goes above and beyond to ensure all employees find purpose in the work that they do. This is a part-time permanent role and we encourage individuals seeking a flexible, and engaging, work environment to enquire.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 0431 414 883 or apply using the forms below.