Our client is a purpose driven consultancy, with a small but dynamic team, who are innovative experts in supply chain management and sustainable business. From modern slavery and human rights to energy and carbon, this consultancy advises and supports the implementation of sustainable strategies for a variety of clients. Their mission is to inspire sustainable business and extend best practice in sustainability by working with leading global clients who are recognised as industry leaders.
The position of Sustainability Consultant will assist with consulting services providing sustainable solutions to the property and infrastructure industry. This is a hands-on role where the successful candidate will be assisting the Director with delivery on various projects whilst training up graduates as the team continues to grow. The role will share the responsibility for technical expertise across the property and infrastructure division.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Project management and assistance
- Assisting and training graduates
- Developing and nurturing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Providing technical support to the Director
You will bring 5 years experience from working in a similar position and are currently looking for the next step up in your career. You will have the ability to hit the ground running. As our client is in a growth phase you will need to be highly adaptable. Ideally you have a mechanical engineering background, combined with property and sustainability. You will enjoy engaging and conversing with clients and have an ability to do so by conveying information in a meaningful way suitable to the audience, understanding the technical aspects but also the holistic viewpoints.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Mechanical Engineering)
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Greenstar ratings, energy modelling, daylight modelling, and GHG calculations
- A business development skillset
- Proven experience in delivering work under pressure
- Good communication skills with both colleagues and clients
- Passion for sustainability and for generating positive impacts for society
- A positive, can-do attitude and willingness to help build the business
- Working knowledge of outdoor comfort studies
- Demonstrable ISCA ratings experience
This consultancy will not limit you to property and infrastructure, there is opportunity for the successful candidate to broaden their skillset beyond property, with exposure to sustainability procurement and human rights.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and progressive company who are driven by purpose and by making a difference, not merely by profit. This organisation is an equal opportunity employer, who value diversity and have a commitment to sustainability.
For a confidential discussion contact Nathan Kelly on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Sustainability Consultant’. Please direct any general enquiries to email@example.com