Senior Sustainability Specialist
Our client holds an impressive stable of leading Australian and New Zealand insurance brands. Their culture is based on believing that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by life experiences, cultures & passions. Our client’s strategic priorities are anchored by simplification and agility. Sustainability forms a key part of their strategy and is fundamental to the way they do business.
Our client has an immediate requirement for an experienced Sustainability Specialist who will be required to manage and support the alignment of our client’s responsible business and sustainability positioning and activity to the organisational strategy. This role will hold accountability for managing measurement, reporting, and communications of the non-financial reporting and analytics requirements, improvements to transparency and disclosure, ensuring the company meets its regulatory reporting requirements and submissions.
- Recommend the improvement of transparency and disclosure and communications of sustainability and responsible business approach and performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support Manager, Strategy & Sustainability to develop and align Balanced Scorecard (BSC) reporting to meet strategic objectives and manage quarterly progress reporting and governance.
- Support implementation of the Responsible Business program. Engage with internal business divisions on initiatives to ensure ownership is embedded (including energy efficiency, carbon neutrality, employee engagement, WHS and opportunities in asset management, partnerships and products).
- Manage disclosure and transparency on Responsible Business topics to maintain a leadership position, including Annual Review & Sustainability reports, and submissions to the DJSI and CDP.
- Support annual progress reporting to the UNEP Principles for Sustainable Insurance, UN Principles for Responsible Investment.
- Manage the external sustainability assurance process, which includes assurance over our client’s application of the GRI Principles, as well as assurance over selected environment, customer, workforce and community indicators.
- Identify and implement engaging and innovative ways to communicate our client’s sustainability strategy and programs, both internally and externally.
The successful candidate will have a high level of experience in delivering end to end reporting and be well versed in responding to DJSI and managing assurance of non-financial data. This role has a stronger environmental focus and requires the individual to be able to look at data in Envizi but also work with stakeholders to incorporate people data. You will also be able to demonstrate a proven ability to quickly learn new systems.
This is not a “head down into your own data” role, you will be working with Executive General Managers and data owners from across the business. This means you will be experienced in achieving objectives within a complex matrix structure. You are inquisitive by nature and enjoy enquiring and obtaining information from other people across the business.
For a confidential discussion on the above position contact Nathan Kelly on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below. Please direct any general enquiries to email@example.com.