Talent Nation have partnered with Umwelt Australia Pty Ltd , leaders in the provision of high quality environmental, and community consulting services, to deliver a number of critical environmental and sustainability roles across their Australian offices. To see the other positions currently available with their organisation, refer to our jobs page.
Senior Environmental Planner/ Scientist
Umwelt is committed to delivering high quality environmental and social consulting services, boasting over 25 years’ experience in these areas. They have completed thousands of projects spanning, urban development, infrastructure, mining and quarrying and defence sectors for private, state and commonwealth clients. They are a well-respected organisation, with a reputation for producing the highest quality outcomes and offering flexible services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
In all aspects they seek to drive sustainable outcomes by balancing social, environmental and economic challenges. They believe their strengths lie within their professional consultancy and technical leadership – the skills and experience of their people being what really sets them apart.
As a Senior team member in the ACT office, this role is responsible for completing and managing a wide range of environmental assessments, as well as planning and management projects. This position will scope out, plan, manage and actively complete projects, taking ownership of all relevant aspects of project delivery to provide a fully integrated outcome and an ongoing focus on achieving quality project outcomes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing and completing high quality environmental assessments and environmental management work.
- Focusing on environmental impact assessment, planning and environmental management projects across a range of sectors.
- Supporting environmental studies managed by other team members.
- Completing all research, data compilation, fieldwork, assessment and report writing to a high-quality standard and in accordance with relevant professional and authority standards.
- Maintaining technical and specialist expertise in specific areas relevant to the work area, including relevant legislation, policy, programs and science.
With 5+ years demonstrated experience working within a similar position/ industry, you will bring technical and specialist expertise to the role, being able to effectively and succinctly communicate with key internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Planning or related discipline.
- Project Management experience.
- Relevant consulting and industry experience. Experience in Urban Development, Infrastructure or Defence will be highly regarded.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of workplace HSE requirements.
This position welcomes the opportunity for growth, the Senior Environment Planner/Scientist not only responsible for the effective management of existing projects but also provide the opportunity to assist Managers in obtaining new projects and helping to grow the business.
Umwelt strives to provide a workplace where people enjoy working together, support those around them and have pride in what they achieve. They believe their greatest asset is respect for the integrity of their staff and business, and as such provide a safe and positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. They invest a lot into the wellbeing of their employees and actively promote a flexible work environment. They have recently instigated an Employee Share Scheme, as they believe the future of their organisation sits with their staff. There has never been a better time to join this 100% Australian owned success story.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans or Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115; or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Senior Environmental Planner – ACT’. Please include the location you are applying for in your application. Direct all general enquiries to email@example.com.