Talent Nation have partnered with Umwelt Australia Pty Ltd , leaders in the provision of high quality environmental, and community consulting services, to deliver a number of critical environmental and sustainability roles across their Australian offices. To see the other positions currently available with their organisation, refer to our jobs page.
Senior Environmental Planner/ Scientist
Umwelt is committed to delivering high quality environmental and social consulting services, boasting over 25 years’ experience in these areas. They have completed thousands of projects spanning, urban development, infrastructure, mining and quarrying and defence sectors for private, state and commonwealth clients. They are a well-respected organisation, with a reputation for producing the highest quality outcomes and offering flexible services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
In all aspects, they seek to drive sustainable outcomes by balancing social, environmental and economic challenges. They believe their strengths lie within their professional consultancy and technical leadership – the skills and experience of their people being what really sets them apart.
Working as part of Umwelt’s Environment and Community Group (E&C) this position is required to complete and manage a wide range of environmental assessment, planning and management projects. As a Senior team member, this role involves effectively managing project budgets, timeframes and resources, as well as mentoring other group members.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing and completing high-quality environmental assessment and environmental management work.
- Integrating with the Umwelt team to achieve project outcomes.
- Supporting environmental and social studies managed by other team members.
- Completing all research, data compilation, fieldwork, assessment and report writing to a high-quality standard and in accordance with relevant professional and authority standards.
- Reporting on general project progress, workload and achievement of deadlines.
- Maintaining your technical and specialist expertise in specific areas relevant to the work area.
You will have a track record of delivering EIA projects in the NSW resource sector market and a desire to also work on projects across national markets. You will have experience within a consultancy and/ or industry in major Environmental Impact Assessments, environmental management and projects across resources and other sectors in NSW.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications. EIA focus preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth Legislation.
- Project Management Experience, particularly in integrated, multidisciplinary projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing workplace HSE requirements.
This position welcomes the opportunity for growth. The Senior Environment Planner/ Scientist is not only responsible for the effective management of existing projects, but also to assist Managers in obtaining new projects and help grow the business.
Umwelt strives to provide a workplace where people enjoy working together, support those around them and have pride in what they achieve. They believe their greatest asset is respect for the integrity of their staff and business, and as such provide a safe and positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. They invest a lot into the wellbeing of their employees and actively promote a flexible work environment. They have recently instigated an Employee Share Scheme, as they believe the future of their organisation sits with their staff. There has never been a better time to join this 100% Australian owned success story.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans or Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115; or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Senior Environmental Planner – NSW’. Please include the location you are applying for in your application. Direct all general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.