Senior EHS Consultant
Our client is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. They have more than 5,000 people in over 40 countries, working out of more than 160 offices. They are committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional, and of the highest quality to create value for their clients. Over the past 5 years they have worked for more than 50% of the Global Fortune 500, delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients by helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
Their people are outstanding, and their workplace is energised! They continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
This senior-level position sits within the Performance Assurance and Transaction Services team, helping clients turn sustainability from a necessary cost to a value creator. As part of this team, you will assist in providing global capabilities and in-depth understanding of the transaction process across the financial, extractives, power, industrial, manufacturing, chemical, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Project managing multiple projects and proposals
- Preparing technical reports and auditing sites as the lead assessor
- Managing multidisciplinary or global projects
- Supervising project team(s) and coaching and mentoring more junior staff
- Understanding the interrelationships between our client’s services and policies, and how these are applied within the clients’ business model
- Establishing strong working relationships with clients through project delivery
- Advising key local, regional and global clients – finding solutions for their ESG and sustainability-related challenges
- Remaining up to date with external market and client industry trends
With a minimum of 6+ years’ experience in ESG and sustainability consulting/ auditing, you will bring a strong knowledge of ESG Due Diligence and/ or experience across EHS compliance assurance to the role.
Ideally you will possess:
- Environmental and/or safety qualifications in engineering, science or business sustainability;
- Experience in ESG aspects of mergers and acquisitions, divestment, project finance, private equity, liability assessment and transaction advisory;
- Knowledge of NSW and National environmental and/or safety compliance;
- Commercial acumen, business development and project management skills;
- Excellent leadership and communication (both verbal and written) skills;
- Experience with using data and technology to solve clients’ EHS / ESG problems;
- Willingness to travel, and;
- The ability to work under pressure
This is an opportunity for an Environmental, Health & Safety Consultant looking to join a global environmental/ social leader that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting. Their model offers unparalleled opportunities for Consultants with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing unique career growth and learning opportunities.
The organisation maintains a culture which has “sustainability at its heart,” promoting environmental awareness within the community through their foundation. They also offer diversified EHS exposure across industries and locations, and an opportunity to be involved in collaboration across borders.
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Senior EHS Consultant’.