Newcastle (preferred) or Sydney
Our client is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. They have more than 5,000 people in over 40 countries, working out of more than 160 offices. They are committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional, and of the highest quality to create value for their clients. Over the past 5 years, they have worked for more than 50% of the Global Fortune 500, delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients by helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
Their people are outstanding and their workplace is energised! They continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
Due to the continued growth and innovation of their NSW Impact Assessment & Planning Team (IAP), the company has an opportunity for an experienced consultant to join their global consulting firm as a Senior Ecologist in either Newcastle or Sydney.
As a part of the IAP Team, this role will support the successful delivery of the company’s projects and objectives. This will be done by providing specialist environmental inputs to multi-disciplinary projects, and working with colleagues and clients on projects both locally in Australia and internationally as part of their global business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performing work in ecological assessment, natural resource management, environmental impact assessment, auditing and approval processes;
- Provision of project advice and oversight in relation to ecological legislation;
- Maintaining relationships with clients and related government and private stakeholders;
- Mentoring junior staff
- Managing and delivering projects on schedule, within budget and to the required quality standards, and;
- Bidding for and winning work
You have a high level of experience in botanical survey and assessment, giving you the ability to hit the ground running. You will have an established workload and desire to develop your project management skills within a consultancy setting, working on a range of impact assessments, management plans, flora and fauna monitoring and natural area management.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/ Natural Resource Management or similar;
- Between 5 – 10 years consulting experience in Ecological Impact Assessment (specifically in NSW);
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Federal, NSW and local legislation, regulatory frameworks and policy, and experience applying it to achieve practical outcomes;
- Demonstrated experience working in multidisciplinary project teams;
- The ability to undertake field surveys in various environments;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Accredited assessor under the NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (Preferred)
- GIS skills (preferably ArcGIS) for spatial analysis (Preferred)
This is an opportunity for an Ecologist looking to further his/ her career within a global environmental/ social leader that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting, providing a career that is unique to this company. Their model offers unparalleled opportunities for consultants with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- A culture of working for an organisation with “sustainability at its heart,” and a company that promotes environmental awareness within the community through their Foundation;
- A global, structured career development framework that affords their people multiple career path options, both locally and internationally, and;
- Flexible working options, health and wellbeing programs and leisure events.
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Senior Ecologist’. Alternatively, you can apply using the forms below.