Senior Advisor, Sustainable Development
Our client is a leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management company, providing smart solutions for the communities and industries that they service. Their unique approach to the collection and recycling of waste into valuable resources means they are able to assist in preserving the environment for future generations. They acknowledge that sustainable development is centred around developing more ways to more efficiently use resources, globally recovering more than 14 million tonnes of waste annually to create valuable new materials and energy.
The Senior Advisor – Sustainable Development is responsible for defining, implementing and monitoring the company’s Sustainable Development roadmap in Australia and New Zealand. The function will advance the business’ sustainable development activities to meet the expectations of their customers, employees and stakeholders to increase their positive reputation and support brand credibility and business growth.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to increasing the organisation’s visibility in the area of sustainability, the circular economy and resource optimisation;
- Building the company’s external networks with key environmental and sustainability organisations
- Lead the business’ innovation agenda and contributing to the commercialisation of innovative offers
- Successfully engaging customers on the topic of sustainability, offering support to commercial teams
- Implementing reduction program to achieve sustainability objectives
- Developing and implementing a people engagement/ CSR strategy in relation to the Sustainability strategy
With a minimum of 5 years proven experience in a sustainability, environmental or business-oriented role, you will bring outstanding communication skills, as well as the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in the waste management industry.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Strong leadership, influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop harmonious relationships at all levels
- Experience in data management and reporting systems
- Tertiary qualifications in business, environment, engineering or communications disciplines
- Management and project leadership experience
- Envizi experience or alternative environmental data management software
A position with this company means the opportunity to protect the future of resources on behalf of humanity. Invent your future career, open up to the richness of cooperation, give your career dynamic prospects and achieve both professional and personal fulfilment. Help them in kicking off the resource revolution!
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Senior Advisor, Sustainable Development’. Please direct any general enquiries to email@example.com