Our client is one of the few truly aligned fund managers in the world. Along with their owners – 28 world-leading pension funds – and other like-minded investors, they believe in the power of bold, long-term and sustainable investment commitments and strategies that aim to deliver results, which ultimately enhance people’s retirement outcomes. Our client has one singular purpose – the prosperity of their investors. They are transparent and trusted, with a track record across buoyant and challenging markets. They champion a business culture that unites their international teams with in-depth knowledge and experience across sectors and allows them to nurture opportunities to grow and create value.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Executive Director as a Responsible Investment Associate and play a key supporting role in the ongoing development and roll out of our clients Responsible Investment (RI) priorities. In particular you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Corporate Responsibility Plan and implementing key organisational programs such as volunteering, workplace giving and over time social impact investing
- Perform the role of “business partner” to specified asset classes by leading the relationship with key investment directors in two asset classes – Private Equity, Infrastructure, Global Equities, and Debt
- Developing strategic RI initiatives relevant to specified asset classes that demonstrates IFM’s commitment to ESG principles – across items such as climate change, labour rights & governance frameworks
- Coordinating the Global RI Champion Network plan and activities, and building strong working relationships with champions
- Lead the development of information requests from investors that require coordination with internal teams, e.g., ESG questionnaires
- Develop responses to emerging issues in ESG as they relate to asset classes for internal management and investor consideration.
The successful applicant may come from a variety of different backgrounds. You may have some experience in Responsible Investment and/ or corporate responsibility, at a minimum, you should demonstrate an understanding of principles of Responsible Investment and key trends.
Ideally you are:
Adaptable, flexible and able to influence effectively. This is a culture where employees respect each other and are passionate about the work they do for their members.
Effective research, analysis and writing skills to develop through leadership pieces for clients
- An ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and work collaboratively
- Able to organise work rapidly and effectively – ‘get things done’.
- Comfortable working with a level of ambiguity and showing initiative in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication.
- Has some experience in responsible investment and/ or corporate responsibility.
The scope of the role is such that it can be split into 2 distinct part-time positions and we encourage individuals looking for part-time employment to apply.
Our client fundamentally believes in the work that they do and the impact that they have. They provide ‘our people’ the opportunity to learn and develop and experience new opportunities, whilst trying to make a positive difference to the community. In addition to a competitive salary package they offer exceptional benefits including additional paid leave, 18 weeks paid parental leave and a health & wellbeing program.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 0431 414 883 or email@example.com. Alternatively you can apply using the forms below.