Program Manager – Sydney
Our client is the Australian network of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative, and one of Australia’s leading initiatives in the space. They are a business-led but multi-stakeholder membership organisation, working to support their members to implement the principles of the UN Global Compact and promote corporate sustainability in Australia.
A broad skillset with sustainability expertise, the successful applicant will work closely with the Executive Director, managing the GCNA’s steering committees, advisory groups and busy program of member activities and to support the Executive Director in the delivery of the GCNA’s broader strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Executive Director and the GCNA’s Steering Committees and Advisory Groups to develop the GCNA’s program of activities (e.g. meetings, workshops, forums, conferences, thought leadership)
- Membership management (growth and retention of members)
- Managing the delivery of, and communications in relation to, the GCNA’s program of activities with the support of a Communications and Program Coordinator
- Event planning and management (e.g. developing concepts and invitations for activities, securing and coordinating venues, briefing speakers, managing participants, preparing summary/outcome documents)
- Coordinating the GCNA’s various Steering Committees and Advisory Groups
- Providing support and guidance to GCNA members in relation to sustainability issues and reporting
To be successful in this role, you will be:
Enthusiastic to join a small “can do” team, with a positive, high-energy, well-organised self-starter, who can confidently and professionally engage and communicate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels. You will also have the ability to manage competing deadlines, prioritise workloads, and be highly organised and efficient.
- 5+ years’ experience in corporate sustainability
- Demonstrable expertise in environmental sustainability
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Outstanding written English language skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Event management preferred
This is an opportunity for a sustainability professional looking to further his/her career in an iconic global organisation that aims to create a better future for all. They seek an energetic individual with a great technical understanding, to bring fresh ideas and solutions to their program. Your ideas will be supported and encouraged in this leading organisation. You are keen to provide support and take the initiative in relation to implementation of the GCNA’s broader strategy.
You will have the opportunity to work with signatories to the UN Global Compact, including a number of Australia’s leading companies, non-profits and universities, to advance corporate sustainability and the private sector’s contribution to sustainable development.
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting TN_UN-PM