Our client is the Australian network of the United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative, and one of Australia’s leading initiatives in the space. They are a business-led but multi-stakeholder membership organisation, providing a platform for learning, dialogue, collaboration and influence to support their members to implement sustainability and promote corporate sustainability in Australia and the role of the private sector in sustainable development.
A broad skillset with sustainability expertise, the successful applicant will work closely with the Executive Director, member of the GCNA Board and member organizations to lead the development and delivery of the GCNA’s busy program of member activities, and to support the Executive Director in the delivery of the GCNA’s broader strategy.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Executive Director, members of the GCNA Board and member organizations to lead the development and delivery of the GCNA’s program of activities (e.g. developing concepts and invitations for activities, securing venues, briefing speakers, managing participants, preparing summary/outcome documents)
- Managing communications in relation to, the GCNA’s activities
- Coordinating the GCNA’s various member-led Steering Committees and Advisory Groups
- Providing support and guidance to GCNA members for sustainability issues and reporting
- Supporting the Executive Director in delivering the GCNA’s broader strategy, including in relation to thought leadership and policy engagement
With demonstrated experience in working with environment and corporate responsibility strategy,
Ideally you are:
Enthusiastic to join a small “can do” team, with a positive, high-energy, well-organised self-starter, who can confidently and professionally engage and communicate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels. You will also have the ability to manage competing deadlines, prioritise workloads, and be highly organised and efficient.
- 4+ years’ experience in corporate sustainability
- Demonstrable expertise in sustainability issues
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Outstanding written English language skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Event management experience preferred
This is an opportunity for a professional looking to further his/her career in an iconic global organisation that aims to create a better future for all. They seek an energetic individual with a great technical understanding, to bring fresh ideas to the program. Your ideas will be supported and encouraged in this leading organization. You are keen to provide support and take the initiative in relation to implementation of the GCNA’s broader strategy.
You will have the opportunity to work with signatories to the UN Global Compact, including a number of Australia’s leading companies, non-profits and universities, to advance corporate sustainability and the private sector’s contribution to sustainable development.
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or email@example.com. Alternatively you can apply using the forms below.