Talent Nation have partnered with Umwelt Australia Pty Ltd , leaders in the provision of high quality environmental, and community consulting services, to deliver a number of critical environmental and sustainability roles across their Australian offices. To see the other positions currently available with their organisation, refer to our jobs page.
Principal Water Engineer
Umwelt is committed to delivering high quality multi-disciplinary, environmental and social consulting services, boasting over 25 years’ experience in these areas. They have completed thousands of projects spanning, urban development, infrastructure, mining and quarrying and defence sectors for private, state and commonwealth clients. They are a well-respected organisation, with a reputation for producing the highest quality outcomes and offering flexible services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
In all aspects they seek to drive sustainable outcomes by balancing social, environmental and economic challenges. They believe their strengths lie within their professional consultancy and technical leadership – the skills and experience of their people being what really sets them apart.
Working closely with the Environmental Engineering Manager; the Principal Water Engineer will be accountable for the technical leadership of a team of experienced Water Engineers. Primarily the role will provide strong technical direction, oversight and review; and accountability for Umwelt’s water engineering projects and services. The role will also have a robust business development function built from existing relationships and the ability to form trusted relationships with clients.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the commercial performance of water resources projects and services including developing agreed budget and commercial targets.
- Fostering an integrated one team approach across all teams, services, and offices in the delivery of water engineering services as part of the integrated service offering.
- Development and review, as well as preparation and review (including technical sign off) the of models and analysis as relevant to water engineering projects.
- Preparation and management of proposals for water engineering related projects and assistance with the preparation of proposals for multi‑discipline projects
- Incident/ audit/ compliance assessments relating water resources for a range of developments/activities
With extensive project management experience, particularly within water engineering services and delivery of integrated services and projects, you will bring strong technical skills and leadership qualities to the role; as well as the ability to demonstrate success in achieving commercial outcomes. You will have extensive Water Management plan experience across mine sites and/or quarries. Additionally, you will be highly experienced across flood modelling, water balance, erosion sediment control, and licencing. You will be a hands-on, lead from the front individual, who is driven by the opportunity to grow this department and develop it into one of the key revenue streams for Umwelt in the future.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil / Environmental Engineering or Water Resource Engineering.
- Knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth Legislations.
- Relevant Consulting Experience; PAC / Court Hearings Experience.
- Strong hydrologic, hydraulic and hydrodynamic analysis and modelling skills.
- Strong skills in critically reviewing engineering calculations, models, designs and reports.
- Experience with the following software modelling programs; HEC-RAS, IQQM, RAFTS
Umwelt strives to provide a workplace where people enjoy working together, support those around them and have pride in what they achieve. They believe their greatest asset is respect for the integrity of their staff and business, and as such provide a safe and positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. They invest a lot into the wellbeing of their employees and actively promote a flexible work environment. They have recently instigated an Employee Share Scheme, as they believe the future of their organisation sits with their staff. There has never been a better time to join this 100% Australian owned success story.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans or Nathan Kelly on 03 9600 0115; or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Principal Water Engineer – NSW’. Please direct all general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.