Senior Heritage Consultant
NSW. Paramatta Preferred.
Our client is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology, cultural heritage management, environmental approvals and biodiversity offsetting. Their focus is on delivering value to clients’ operations by maximising commercial outcomes for projects, while benefiting communities through creating the best possible solutions for environment and heritage. As an independently owned and operated consultancy, our client’s approach is underpinned by experience and always governed by the core values of Care, Excellence, Integrity and Trust.
Due to strong growth, our client is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Historical Heritage Archaeologist to join the team. The successful candidate will work with their experienced heritage team based in Sydney, with the opportunity to regularly work from home.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Archaeological heritage research and advice in response to client needs in the disciplines of historical heritage, interpretation and regulation.
- Participating in heritage field assessment and survey.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships, including new business development
- Participating in, conducting and managing consulting projects;
- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior staff
- Remaining current with heritage legislation and regulatory updates
You have a high level of consulting experience in archaeological heritage survey and assessment, giving you the ability to hit the ground running. You will have a desire to develop your leadership and business development skills within a consultancy setting, working on a range of assignments.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications; a concentration within the field of Australian Historical archaeology would be highly regarded.
- 8+ years consulting experience in archaeological heritage (preferably in NSW);
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and experience with relevant NSW heritage legislation, particularly the Heritage Act 1977, its regulations, and associated statutory guidelines and codes of practice.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
- Good problem solving, analytical, conceptual skills.
- Good communication skills, including technical report writing.
- Competence with technology, including experience with using GPS, tablets, laptop, digital cameras, and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Archaeologist looking to further their career within a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting staff. They have an excellent safety culture and trust their staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Their diverse and cross discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia. They will also provide:
- Opportunity to progress in a growing organisation with ongoing professional development to enhance your skills.
- An attractive salary package and eligibility to participate in a mentoring program and annual company retreat, and
- Flexible working options including working from home and the Parramatta office.
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below.