Talent Nation have partnered with Umwelt Australia Pty Ltd , leaders in the provision of high quality environmental, and community consulting services, to deliver a number of critical environmental and sustainability roles across their Australian offices. To see the other positions currently available with their organisation, refer to our jobs page.
Principal Environmental Consultant
Umwelt is committed to delivering high quality environmental and social consulting services, boasting over 25 years’ experience in these areas. They have completed thousands of projects spanning, urban development, infrastructure, mining and quarrying and defence sectors for private, state and commonwealth clients. They are a well-respected organisation, with a reputation for producing the highest quality outcomes and offering flexible services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
In all aspects they seek to drive sustainable outcomes by balancing social, environmental and economic challenges. They believe their strengths lie within their professional consultancy and technical leadership – the skills and experience of their people being what really sets them apart.
The Principal Environmental Consultant will lead the environmental impact assessment and management service delivery for the QLD business from a technical and team development perspective. In addition to winning and functionally leading projects, you will also provide oversight for specialists under Ecology, soils and provide integrated services with the Social/ Community and Environmental engineering team. Umwelt have a strong track record of success in the resources sector and a forward workbook across Impact Assessment and environmental management that the successful individual will step in to deliver. Consistent with our national strategy, this role will also contribute to business development across other sectors.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Project Director for selected projects and undertake senior level project management including client liaison, coordination of internal and external studies, authority and community consultation; report writing and editing.
- Focus on environmental impact assessment and environmental management projects within the resources sector, and other key client sectors as required.
- Provide direction and mentoring for team members, in partnership with the relevant Group Manager.
- Undertake business development and manage the completion of proposals for various projects.
- Provide technical and strategic advice to other Company personnel regarding environmental studies, planning and compliance advice as required.
Ideally you will have a track record of delivering successful projects in Queensland and hold strong networks across the State. You will ideally come from a consulting background; however, diversity of experience will be well regarded.
You will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Natural Resources or Urban Planning; or similar.
- Technical team leadership and technical mentoring skills.
- Knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth Legislation.
- Extensive Project Leadership and Management Experience, particularly in integrated, multidisciplinary projects.
Ultimately you will care deeply about the quality of work that you deliver and the ability that you have to make a difference. You will have the drive and determination to leverage the Umwelt brand and continue the growth trajectory in the region.
If you are up for the challenge, then this role offers strong career and reward opportunities. You will work closely with the Managing Director and other relevant business leaders to set the strategy for the delivery of environmental impact assessment services in the region. Environment is the core of what they do and you will play a key role in extending their scope of services across Queensland.
Umwelt strives to provide a workplace where people enjoy working together, support those around them and have pride in what they achieve. They believe their greatest asset is respect for the integrity of their staff and business, and as such provide a safe and positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. They invest a lot into the wellbeing of their employees and actively promote a flexible work environment. They have recently instigated an Employee Share Scheme, as they believe the future of their organisation sits with their staff. There has never been a better time to join this 100% Australian owned success story.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans or Nathan Kelly on 03 9600 0115; or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Principal Environmental Consultant – QLD’. Please make sure to include the location in your application. For all general enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org