Talent Nation have partnered with Umwelt Australia Pty Ltd , leaders in the provision of high quality environmental, and community consulting services, to deliver a number of critical environmental and sustainability roles across their Australian offices. To see the other positions currently available with their organisation, refer to our jobs page.
Principal Environmental Consultant/ Planner – Major Projects
Sydney or Brisbane may be considered for the right candidate
Umwelt is committed to delivering high quality environmental and social consulting services, boasting over 25 years’ experience in these areas. They have completed thousands of projects spanning, urban development, infrastructure, mining and quarrying and defence sectors for private, state and commonwealth clients. They are a well-respected organisation, with a reputation for producing the highest quality outcomes and offering flexible services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
In all aspects they seek to drive sustainable outcomes by balancing social, environmental and economic challenges. They believe their strengths lie within their professional consultancy and technical leadership – the skills and experience of their people being what really sets them apart.
Working as part of Umwelt’s NSW Environment and Community Group (E&C) this position is required to lead, manage and complete a wide range of environmental impact assessment and management projects, including a portion in the resources sector. These include environmental assessments and related approval processes, environmental management projects, policy and strategic advice, and stakeholder engagement. The position includes taking ownership of all aspects of project delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading, managing and completing high quality environmental assessments, environmental management and other project work.
- Project planning; provision of quality and timely strategic advice to clients; management and completion of EIA and other projects.
- Empowering, enabling and facilitating the delivery of projects through effective partnering and provision of quality advice to clients and project teams.
- Contribute to the planning and development of the business, including the continual improvement of the quality of work undertaken by the group and inter-team collaboration and synergies.
- Create and nurture relationships with existing and future clients across a range of market sectors.
- Contribute to staff development, training and mentoring in a way that furthers the culture of the business.
With extensive experience and a track record of delivering major EIA projects within NSW, you will bring well-established project leadership skills and a wealth of knowledge regarding the NSW resource sector market.
Ideally you will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Knowledge of NSW and Commonwealth Legislation.
- Extensive Project Management Experience, particularly in integrated, multidisciplinary projects.
- Relevant Consulting Experience; Resource Sector Experience; PAC / Court Hearings Experience.
You will be joining a cohort of well-regarded and exceptionally capable EIA consultants and their reputation, and track record of success, has led to strong demand for their services. The team has a good balance of experience and capability and there is a strong pool of talent internally who will flourish under your guidance.
Umwelt strives to provide a workplace where people enjoy working together, support those around them and have pride in what they achieve. They believe their greatest asset is respect for the integrity of their staff and business, and as such provide a safe and positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. They invest a lot into the wellbeing of their employees and actively promote a flexible work environment. They have recently instigated an Employee Share Scheme, as they believe the future of their organisation sits with their staff. There has never been a better time to join this 100% Australian owned success story.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans or Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115; or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Principal – Major Projects’. Please include your preferred location in your application. For any general enquiries please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org