Talent Nation have partnered with Umwelt Australia Pty Ltd , leaders in the provision of high quality environmental, and community consulting services, to deliver a number of critical environmental and sustainability roles across their Australian offices. To see the other positions currently available with their organisation, refer to our jobs page.
Principal Environmental Consultant – Defence Services
Multiple locations considered
NSW, QLD, WA
Umwelt is committed to delivering high quality environmental and social consulting services, boasting over 25 years’ experience in these areas. They have completed thousands of projects spanning, urban development, infrastructure, mining and quarrying and defence sectors for private, state and commonwealth clients. They are a well-respected organisation, with a reputation for producing the highest quality outcomes and offering flexible services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
In all aspects they seek to drive sustainable outcomes by balancing social, environmental and economic challenges. They believe their strengths lie within their professional consultancy and technical leadership – the skills and experience of their people being what really sets them apart.
The Principal will lead EIA and environmental management services for the Defence sector, contributing to the development of Defence sector opportunities. The position will provide a client manager role for key Defence clients such that the working relationship with these clients is enhanced, providing quality outcomes and ongoing project work opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Direct/manage and complete high-quality project work in a manner that maintains and enhances Umwelt’s reputation including client liaison, co-ordination of internal and external studies, authority and community consultation, and report writing and editing.
- Coordinate relevant resources to manage and administer Defence sector requirements on a day to day basis.
- Contribute to strategy development, business plans, relationship building and positioning for project opportunities with Defence and Commonwealth agencies nationally.
- Provide technical and strategic advice to other Company personnel regarding environmental studies and planning. Assisting with mentoring within a project context.
- Provide a client manager role for some key Defence clients, panels and service sectorssuch that Umwelt’s working relationship with these clients is enhanced, providing quality outcomes and ongoing project work opportunities.
- Contribute strategically to proposal positioning and project delivery, including providing detailed review of project scoping and delivery where appropriate for significant projects within the Defence Services sector.
- Lead or undertake directly the completion of proposals for various projects as required.
With 10+ years’ experience in the Defence Sector and exceptional skills within environmental impact assessment, you will bring high-level communication and relationship building skills in order to lead the development of, and meet implementation targets, for Umwelt’s Defence Services business strategy.
Ideally, you will possess:
- A relevant tertiary degree such as a Bachelor of Environmental Science or a Bachelor of Urban Planning with a focus on Environmental Science, Natural Resources, Management or related fields.
- Other relevant industry qualifications to maintain professional accreditation/currency.
- Knowledge of relevant Commonwealth and international legislation / policies / guidelines.
- Experience in consulting (preferred).
- Eligibility for Security Clearance (required).
Umwelt have developed a strong reputation in his space over a relatively short period of time. This role offers an individual the opportunity to take an already high performing function and contribute to the strategic direction of this service line; pulling on resources nationally to execute projects.
Umwelt strives to provide a workplace where people enjoy working together, support those around them and have pride in what they achieve. They believe their greatest asset is respect for the integrity of their staff and business, and as such provide a safe and positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. They invest a lot into the wellbeing of their employees and actively promote a flexible work environment. They have recently instigated an Employee Share Scheme, as they believe the future of their organisation sits with their staff. There has never been a better time to join this 100% Australian owned success story.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans or Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115; or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Principal Consultant – Defence’. Please include the location you are applying for in your application. Direct all general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org