Principal Advisor of Stakeholder Engagement
Our client is the largest operating tram network in the world, with an annual patronage of more than 203 million people across Melbourne city. A dominant form of public transport, they work hard to connect people with places every day – their guiding principle to “think like a passenger”. This helps them to inspire a holistic approach to their service delivery.
Since the introduction of the first cable tram in 1885, the tram network has become an iconic part of Melbourne’s identity. Our client works to ensure their approach to providing these services contributes to the environmental and economic sustainability of a city, as well as helping to strengthen local communities.
The purpose of the Principal Advisor of Stakeholder Engagement is to identify risks, test these with stakeholders, and use this to inform the organisation’s long-term business planning process to position our client as a leader in sustainability and innovation, and an organisation that delivers on its promises. This role will be a 6-month contract.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and responding to current and emerging stakeholder issues and trends.
- Leveraging new opportunities and stakeholder expectations, in line with business priorities.
- Building the reputation of the organisation as a sustainable, long-term thinking, proactive organisation.
- Transparently report on the success of the business strategy.
- Reducing or eliminating the potential impact of financial, reputation and operational risks for the business through a long-term sustainability focus, allowing the organisation to proactively anticipate, manage and mitigate risks.
With a strong background in public relations/corporate communications, you will have a deep knowledge and understanding of strategic engagement across the organisation. A clear and strategic thinker, you will bring demonstrated success in a mid-senior management level position within corporate, government and/or public transport organisations. As such, you will possess the ability to develop and manage trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Experience managing data collection systems and processes.
- Understanding and experience navigating increasingly complex stakeholder landscapes.
- Exceptional organisational/diary coordination skills
- Public relations, government relations or corporate affairs experience
- Project management and board reporting experience
- The ability to identify and manage risks and opportunities to optimise outcomes
- Ability to manage a budget and anticipate financial impacts and opportunities
- Superior written and verbal communications, as well as high-level people management skills.
Our client is at the heart of Melbourne’s community, seeking to provide safe, inclusive and sustainable travel options for its residents. This role provides an opportunity leverage new opportunities and stakeholder expectations of a company who are an established and iconic part of the city’s history. With generous annual and parental leave, this organisation seeks to provide a healthy work-life balance for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 03 9600 0115 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Principal Advisor – Stakeholder Engagement’. Alternatively, you can apply using the forms below.