Talent Nation have partnered with Umwelt Australia Pty Ltd , leaders in the provision of high quality environmental, and community consulting services, to deliver a number of critical environmental and sustainability roles across their Australian offices. To see the other positions currently available with their organisation, refer to our jobs page.
Office Manager/ Principal Environmental Consultant
Umwelt is committed to delivering high quality environmental and social consulting services, boasting over 25 years’ experience in these areas. They have completed thousands of projects spanning, urban development, infrastructure, mining and quarrying and defence sectors for private, state and commonwealth clients. They are a well-respected organisation, with a reputation for producing the highest quality outcomes and offering flexible services tailored to the individual needs of each client.
The Office Manager, and Principal EIA Consultant, will hold a dual role as a leader and a technical specialist. They will be responsible for the effective management of the overall functions, resources and budget of the ACT Office. In addition to this, they will create and nurture relationships with clients across a range of government, commonwealth and private sector clients. They will assist with:
- The overall strategic and operational management and ongoing development of the Canberra office and work areas.
- Setting and delivering the business strategy for the Canberra work group, ensuring that the group has sufficient depth and diversity of work.
- Providing technical and strategic advice to other Company personnel regarding environmental studies, planning and compliance advice.
- Mentoring team members as part of ongoing work activities and for specified personnel in a formal supervisory capacity.
- Empowering, enabling and facilitating the management of the projects through effective partnering and provision of quality advice to clients and project teams.
- Effectively planning and developing the business, including the continual improvement of the quality of work undertaken by the group and inter-office collaboration and synergies.
With demonstrated and extensive experience leading high performing teams you will also bring multidisciplinary project skills and a wealth of knowledge to the role. Alongside a desire to continue to develop professional and personal competencies and skills, you should also possess;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Knowledge of relevant ACT and Commonwealth legislation.
- Previous consulting experience across urban development/ infrastructure/ government/defence
- ACT& Southern NSW experience and contacts.
This role is ideal for a strong Principal who is looking to contribute towards the further development of a multi-disciplinary team and regional delivery of EIA services, with an eye on growth. You will step into a collegiate, collaborative and exceptionally high performing team so the opportunities for growth are limitless.
Umwelt strives to provide a workplace where people enjoy working together, support those around them and have pride in what they achieve. They believe their greatest asset is respect for the integrity of their staff and business, and as such provide a safe and positive work environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. They invest a lot into the wellbeing of their employees and actively promote a flexible work environment. They have recently instigated an Employee Share Scheme, as they believe the future of their organisation sits with their staff. There has never been a better time to join this 100% Australian owned success story.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans or Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115; or apply using the forms below quoting ‘Office Manager/Principal – ACT’. Any general enquiries please contact email@example.com