Junior Consultant – Strategic Advisory
Spark Strategy is a consulting agency for strategic thinking, transformation and sustained action. They believe ideas spark brighter futures and are about unearthing these ideas and bringing them to life. As strategic advisors, they work with Not for Profits, Government and Corporates to unleash their potential, to transform them and the societies in which they live. They have a strong social driver to what they do, using their knowledge, capabilities and experience to support NFPs to move towards sustainability. They also work with Corporates, Philanthropists and Government on profit for purpose business models. Some of their core services include business model innovation, strategy development and planning, operating model excellence and workshop facilitation.
Spark are seeking a junior consultant with at least 1-2 years of practical consulting and/or industry experience in supporting strategic advisory projects for a range of clients. Working across the entire project lifecycle, you will work alongside senior colleagues to consult with clients to understand their pain points, uncover strategic opportunities, conduct research and perform complex analysis, stress test ideas and provide thorough, data-driven recommendations.
With at least 1-2 years industry and/or consulting experience preferably within advisory disciplines (strategy consulting experience looked upon favourably), ideally you will possess:
- An understanding and exposure to the tools and frameworks of the trade, such as business and financial modeling, strategic planning and analysis tools, project management methodologies, etc.
- Proven ability to undertake, synthesize and draw insights from research
- Enthusiasm for research and evidence-based problem solving
- An “eye for detail”. Being able to review and assess project deliverables
- Ability to structure thinking and deliver on time
- Ability to gather business and technical requirements
- Comfortable interacting directly with our clients up to the C-level
- Ideally have experience working with services and people-based organisations such as NFP’s, government organisations or professional services firms
- Interest and passion for supporting NFP and social business
As a small team, Spark Strategy look to support each other in everything they do, and want to find someone that will fit into their culture and represent to their clients their unique brand and approach. In that sense, they are looking for someone who:
- Professionally presented and articulate
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Entrepreneurial flare
- Passionate and balanced
- Flexible, friendly and focused
- Enthusiastic and pro-active
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to improvement
- Thrives in a team-focused environment
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing consulting firm, delivering a unique brand of advisory. The role sits within their dynamic, non-hierarchical team, with direct access to their managing director and associates, as well as C-level leaders around Australia (see client examples www.sparkstrategy.com.au).
The salary will commensurate with experience, between $55-65K.
If you would like more information, call 03 9600 0115 to speak with a consultant. To apply, send a current CV and cover letter to email@example.com, or use the forms below.