Our client is one of the world’s largest diversified and vertically-integrated commodity producers, processors and traders. They market and distribute to a wide customer base that includes the industrial, automotive, construction, steel, power generation, oil and food processing industries. This role is positioned in their extractives business.
As part of a global team, the successful applicant will assist in the implementation of the Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC) strategic objectives. Reporting to the General Manager Sustainable Development, this role offers opportunities and exposure to a global mining business in the areas of governance, strategy, systems, reporting, verification and assurance.
You will be required to develop strong working relationships with other team members to contribute to the development and improvement of systems and performance in order to meet both regulatory and internal corporate requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and monitoring HSEC strategy through reporting and verification activities
- Maintaining the Corporate HSEC systems including risk assessments
- Assurance activities to verify compliance to policy requirements
- Human rights and social performance governance, as well as interaction with corporate affairs on reputational management
- Management of internal and external global asset HSEC reporting requirements which covers both data analysis, interpretation and written reports (monthly, quarterly and annual)
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Suitable qualifications spanning Environmental and/ or Social disciplines, as well as sound knowledge and training in ISO 14001 and GRI.
- Preferably 8-10 years relevant experience and familiarity in the resource sector.
- A deep understanding of international standards such as ILO, VPSHR, UN, IFC & UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Excellent presentation, organisation and communication skills.
As a management reporting role, sound analytical and report writing skills are essential. Solid working knowledge and understanding of AA1000 is also vital for success in this position. Beyond your technical ability, the key to this role will be your ability to manage internal stakeholder relationships, having a high attention to detail.
This position provides the opportunity to work with some of the most experienced, capable and accomplished people in the industry, the companies entrepreneurial spirit spanning over 50 countries. A role with our client provides a chance to benefit the communities in which they operate, creating enduring relationships with their stakeholders.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 0431 414 883 or Kate Faulkner 03 9600 0115. Alternatively, you apply using the forms below.