Our client is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. They have more than 5,000 people in over 40 countries working out of more than 160 offices. They are committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients. Over the past five years they have worked for more than 50 per cent of the Global Fortune 500 delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
Their people are outstanding, the workplace is energised! They continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
You enjoy field work and are motivated to develop professionally as an Environmental Scientist.
With project coordination experience, your key responsibilities will include:
- Project managing smaller contaminated land projects through planning and delivering field works through budget/task management;
- Supporting project managers on larger contaminated land projects through planning and delivering site management and/or budget/task management;
- Designing, implementing and reporting environmental site assessments. Inclusive of supervision of complex field activities, such as groundwater bore installation, development and monitoring , tank removal works, and soil investigations;
- Reviewing health and safety documentation for site works;
- Providing completed tasks and inputs into elements of projects and/or proposals;
- Building effective working relationships with clients, project teams, disciplines and business units;
With demonstrated experience in the field, you will ideally possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (relevant earth sciences, environmental science or environmental engineering);
- Minimum 3 years relevant consulting experience;
- Previous environmental consulting experience (highly desirable);
- Fieldwork experience involving environmental data collection (soil and water);
- Experience in project delivery and project management (highly desirable)
As part of the continued growth and innovation of their Contaminated Site Management (CSM) practice, the company has an opportunity for an experienced consultant to join their global consulting firm as an Environmental Scientist in Melbourne.
This is an opportunity for a Consultant looking to further his/her career in a global environmental/social leader that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting. A career that is unique to this company. Their model offers unparalleled opportunities for Consultants with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- Unique Career Growth & Learning Opportunities in a Global Environment
- Culture of working for an organisation with “Sustainability at its heart” and a company that promotes environmental awareness within the community through their Foundation
- Diversified Environmental, Health and Safety Exposure across industries and locations
- Opportunities to be involved in collaboration across borders
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below.