Environmental Performance Manager
Berkeley Vale, NSW
Our client is a 100% Australian owned food company who believe good nutrition is central to a happy, healthy life. As one of the largest health food companies in Australia, they are mindful of the impact they have on the planet and believe that good food needs to also be good for the environment. With a focus on improving their local operations and sourcing practices, they consistently maintain an overarching commitment to sustainability across the business.
Our client is seeking a highly skilled environmental professional to join their team, assisting them in continuing to reduce their resources; largely their environmental footprint. The position of Environmental Performance Manager will work with a broad range of roles and levels within the business to deliver on outputs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the resource optimisation plan for the business’ manufacturing operations across their network
- Reporting aggregate resource efficiency performance against continuous improvement targets
- Coordinating the environmental compliance program for the company’s manufacturing sites
- Providing advice and assistance as requested on major environmental projects undertaken by the company
- Caring for aggregate environmental reports to external entities including the Australia and New Zealand government.
With roughly 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar position, you will bring detailed knowledge of Resource Efficiency measures, planning and implementation methods to the role.
Ideally, you will possess:
- A Degree in a relevant discipline (E.g. Environmental Management)
- The ability to work with plant managers and supervisors to implement resource efficiency programmes
- Related quality systems and/or environmental auditing experience of at least five years
- Detailed knowledge of Lean principals, root cause analysis and project delivery
- Understanding of ISO requirements and the practical application of these requirements
This role is for someone who enjoys delivering continuous improvement and engaging employees. It provides the opportunity to work with an Australian health food success story, driving innovation in sustainability across the business. Named an ‘Employer of Choice’ at the Australian Business Awards, the culture of the business is one of integrity, care, humility and courage; providing employees with a stimulating and supportive workplace.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 03 9600 0115 or apply using the forms below. Please direct any general enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Environmental Performance Manager.’