Our client is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to connecting people with real climate action. They are Australia and New Zealand’s most respected source of biodiverse carbon offsets. Since 1997, they have planted more than 9 million native trees across 475 biodiverse forests in Australia and New Zealand to offset carbon emissions on behalf of thousands of leading brands, businesses, councils, universities, NGOs and individuals.
The Engagement Manager is responsible for retaining and expanding the organisations supporter base. The emphasis is on B2B and B2C; and corporate and government support to offset greenhouse gas emissions.
Working collaboratively with other members of the team, responsibilities include:
- Account management and developing relationships with supporters to ensure that the best outcomes are achieved for both the supporter and company.
- Preparing estimates of carbon emissions in response to offset inquiries.
- Liaising closely with the Marketing and Engagement Coordinator to maximise relationships with supporters.
- Promoting all program areas to new supporters by implementing strategies and actions consistent with our client’s values, as well as implementing new strategic approaches.
In addition to this you will:
- Build and maintain active networks among potential supporters to grow business.
- Make presentations and be a strong spokesperson to stakeholders at meetings, forums, seminars, conferences and other events.
- Prepare management reports (based on KPIs) for the leadership team.
You will have substantial customer relationship management experience, as well as an understanding of the sustainability principles and issues that affect businesses. You should also have an understanding of the commercial drivers for sustainability performance. With proven capability working in a corporate sustainability function, you will possess:
- A strong theoretical understanding of sustainability with relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Knowledge of external reporting indices.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Our client’s mission as a not-for-profit environmental organisation is to protect our climate by restoring our forests. Providing a very real opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future of Australia and New Zealand, you will also be servicing some of both countries best-known brands.
For a confidential discussion contact Kate Faulkner or Richard Evans on 03 9600 0115 or send your resume to email@example.com quoting TN_EngMgr. Alternatively, you can apply using the forms below.