The Centre for Sustainability Leadership is a Not-For-Profit known for delivering life-changing programs for individuals and organisations, and has been doing so for over 12 years. They believe passionately in our human potential to live with compassion and connection, fostering the kind of leadership needed to tackle the complex challenges we face in sustaining the life of all species.
CSL runs a range of learning programs that help people to work towards a sustainable future by building their knowledge, skills and networks. In doing so, they contribute towards their vision for a connected, conscious and thriving world.
Their long-standing programs have seen their alumni reach positions of serious influence; from politicians at Federal, State and local level, to social entrepreneurs, lawyers, business owners, influencers, activists, community builders and facilitators.
The Board is responsible for the oversight and strategic direction of CSL. Currently, CSL are looking for a member with expertise in one or more of the following areas; accounting and finance, business development and/or risk.
As a member of the CSL Board, you will be required to commit 10 hours of your time per month (voluntary position). The responsibilities within this role encompass;
- Preparing any Board papers required
- Reading Board papers
- Attending Board and committee meetings
- Attending both CSL and industry events
More specific commitment requirements will be discussed with shortlisted candidates. Chosen candidates are expected to stay on the Board for at least one term (3 years).
You will be a driven and committed individual whose values and vision align with those of CSL. In particular, the Board is seeking the following skills – note that applicants are not expected to have each of these although more than one would be an advantage:
- Demonstrated experience in leadership program development
- Qualifications in finance (CA or CPA certified accountant)
- Ability to analyse and discuss issues of strategy, policy and organisational process
- Previous board/governance experience
- Company secretary knowledge or experience (or willingness to learn this role, initially as support to the current Company Secretary)
- The ability to prepare for, and actively participate in, the discussions and deliberations of the Board and of at least one committee (Finance and Risk, Governance or Business Development & Marketing)
- Budgeting and planning skills
- High level communication skills
CSL believe that the power of enabling a community of people working for positive environmental and social outcomes cannot be underestimated. By becoming a Board member, you are given the opportunity to champion a network of highly effective and connected sustainability leaders, creating significant impact locally, nationally and globally. The accomplishments of CSLs Alumni, and the credentials of the individuals graduating from their programs are a powerful indicator of what this organisation has achieved since its inception in 2005.
This position provides a very real opportunity to influence the way in which we mould the leaders of the new economy.
To express your interest and have a confidential discussion, send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 03 9600 0115. Alternatively, you can apply using the forms below.