Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane
The Supply Chain Sustainability School, a young for-purpose organisation, was established in 2015 to increase sustainability knowledge and competency along the construction and infrastructure supply chains. With an emphasis on supporting small-to-medium enterprises, the School provides free e-learning, information and face-to-face training for construction and infrastructure suppliers, contractors and service providers. The School is funded and supported by leading organisations such as John Holland Group, Mirvac and Stockland, just to name a few. They also work alongside organisations such as the Property Council of Australia, Consult Australia and Engineers Australia, focusing on increasing skills across the country.
The Supply Chain Sustainability School are looking for a Business Development Manager to improve market engagement, engage new School Partners, and help achieve financial and strategic growth. The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to increase the number of Partners that help to fund the School through the development and delivery of a successful business development strategy.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identifying potential Partners, and the decision makers within the potential Partner organisations, turning this into increased business.
- Meeting potential Partners by growing, maintaining, and leveraging the CEO’s and School’s considerable network.
- Presenting new opportunities, learning resources, hot topics, products and services and enhancing existing relationships.
- Working with the School’s CEO and other internal colleagues to meet Member and Partner needs.
- Attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and providing feedback and information on trends.
- Submitting fortnightly progress reports and ensuring data is accurate.
The successful applicant will be tertiary qualified and a minimum of 3-5 years of sales or marketing experience. A familiarity with Australia’s property, construction and infrastructure sectors, and sustainability industry would be a distinct advantage.
Ideally you are:
- Intellectual and driven, with the ability to work autonomously
- Able to quickly establish credibility and build relationships with senior decision makers in the construction industry
- Experienced in identifying and executing sales opportunities
- Focused on building medium- to long-term relationships for the School
- Passionate about sustainability and/or the built environment
The Supply Chain Sustainability School follows the same format as the highly successful UK school providing benefit to Government, industry, asset owners and SMEs. Reporting to a charismatic CEO with a strong reputation in the industry you will play a key role in the growth and impact of the organisation through the acquisition of key partners.
The role is part-time and flexible working arrangements are encouraged. You will thrive in an environment where you can focus on goals and targets rather than on hours or procedures.
For a confidential discussion contact Richard Evans on 0431 414 883. Alternatively, you can apply using the forms below.